Ahle Sunnat wal Jamaat: The majority of Muslims who adhere to the Holy Prophet (S) and that of His Blessed Companions (R).
The Holy Prophet (S) said,
"My Community will split into seventy-three sects. All of them will be in the fire except one group. They asked: Who are they, O Messenger of Allah? He said: Those that follow my way and that of my companions." (Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, al-Darimi)
The Muslim world is now divided into numerous sects or divisions, as predicted in the above mentioned Hadith. But success belongs only to them, who follow the ways of the Prophet Muhammad (S) and His Companions (R). Now, commonly the question arises that almost each and every sect claim that they are the true followers of The Prophet (S) and the Sahaabis (R), and the other sects are not. So under these circumstances, how can we identify which group is following the Right Path? Which one is the only sect which will be saved from the fire? The following Hadiths show us that it is the group or congregation consisting of the majority of Muslims.
1. The Holy Prophet (S) said: "Allah will never allow my Ummah to unite upon misguidance and incorrect beliefs. Allah's mercy, blessings and protection are with the largest group of Muslims. And he who deviates from this largest group of Muslims will be thrown into Hell." (Tirmizi)
2. The Holy Prophet (S) said: "He who deviates from the largest group of Muslims, even as much as a hand span, has himself cut off his connection with Islam". (Abu Dawud)
3. The Holy Prophet (S) said: "Follow the way of the largest group of Muslims! For, he who deviates from this group will be thrown into Hell!" (Ibn Majah)
4. The Holy Prophet (S) said: "In the period prior to the Day of Judgement, false and deceitful groups will emerge. They will say things to you, which neither you nor your forefathers will have ever heard before. Stay away from these deceitful people and do not let them come near you! Do not be misguided by them and do not let them cause strife amongst you!" (Sahih Muslim)It is also mentioned in the Hadiths that the majority of the Muslims will not agree on a wrong conception:
1. "My Community shall never agree upon misguidance, therefore, if you see divergences, you must follow the greater mass or larger group." (Ibn Majah)
2. "You have to follow the Congregation for verily Allah will not make the largest group of Muhammad's Community agree on error." (Ibn Abi Shayba)
3. "Verily Allah will not make my Community agree on error." (Tirmidhi)
In the current time of deviation and misguidance among Muslims, The Blessed words of The Beloved Prophet (S) show us the Right Path, so that we may save ourselves from being diverted away from the Path to Jannat. These diversions and sects are all conspiracies of Satan, who is always looking to guide us away from Heaven. But Allah Subhanu wa Ta'ala has given us exact directions so that we may not get lost on the way. May Allah keep us among the Ahle Sunnat wal Jamaat and may we not stray away from the Right Path. Ameen.